Plus Heal|Site Info

Macro comment for successful cast only

4 replies
55 posts
Untagged users
I hijacked this macro from another thread regarding Leap of Faith. :)

I currently have a /yell statement macro'd to my PW:B. My guild is good about standing under it but pugs tend to be unaware. I have had some issues where I tried to pop and didn't realize it was on cd or hit the button more than once since lag prevented it from appearing immediately. On my to-do list is finding a better way to announce. I know there are add ons, but my PC has been misbehaving lately so I'd like to avoid adding more to it. This macro could function as a blueprint if I was a bit more knowledgeable.

I understand the mouseover, range, and cooldown portions, I also understand it will cast at your mouseover target first and your focus if the target isn't alive & friendly. The chat message portion selects the target though and I'm not sure which portion(s) to change to make it a yell instead. I'm also unclear on the purpose of "/script local u".

Can someone offer some guidance? Thanks!

ladyofdragons wrote:
#showtooltip
/script local u,lof="mouseover","Leap of Faith";if IsSpellInRange(lof,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(lof)==0 then SendChatMessage("You just got LoveGripped! The whooshing in your ears and mild disorientation is a temporary side-effect of my love. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u)) end
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][]Leap of Faith
137544_2196ef67f1889b44.png
Posted Jan 6, 12 · OP
145 posts
Untagged users
Try: http://www.wowpedia.org/API_SendChatMessage and the linked http://www.wowpedia.org/ChatTypeId pages. That should get you where you want to go.

(Found by searching for SendChatMessage at wowpedia.)
Yoseketh / Videographer /Standard Deviation - Blackrock / Leveling Holy / @JoeEgo812
Posted Jan 6, 12
390 posts
Untagged users
I think the ideal way is via an addon that listens to the spellcast events. That way you don't have to worry about massive macros that try to catch all the wacky conditions like stunned/silenced/etc, out of mana, etc etc. I put a quick and dirty one together for myself awhile back, but presumably someone has written a better one. Mine was used like so:

/script CastCaller.Announce("Rebirth")
/cast Rebirth

If folks don't know of a similar addon out there, maybe I'll resurrect mine.
Posted Jan 6, 12
145 posts
Untagged users
Raeli's Spell Announcer (RSA) is what I use. It works very well and is easy to customize.
Yoseketh / Videographer /Standard Deviation - Blackrock / Leveling Holy / @JoeEgo812
Posted Jan 7, 12
886 posts
Untagged users
Totally late at this point but:

#showtooltip
/script local u,t="mouseover","Leap of Faith" if IsSpellInRange(t,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(t)==0 then SendChatMessage("You just got LoveGripped! The whooshing in your ears and mild disorientation is a temporary side-effect of my love. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.","YELL") end
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][]Leap of Faith

local u,t is defining "mouseover" and "leap of faith" as u and t variables. In this macro, the purpose is space saving. So when you have to put mouseover repeatedly throughout the macro, you just define it once, and use u for the rest of it.
Posted Mar 17, 12
Announcement of