Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 5

10m Heroic Baleroc

44 replies
76 posts
Untagged users
If holy pally gets tormented, tell him to pop GoAK. Literally makes invalidates the debuff. Unfortunately, debuff lasts longer than GoAK, but its doable. Dont freak out, pop cooldowns, switch to tank, and let the debuff wear off.
Posted Nov 17, 11
13 posts
Untagged users
Thank you all for such detailed and rapid responses. A lot of information to process. I will keep in mind the suggestions for tonight and report back once we get some more practice. We are pretty casual (no logs) and with only one night of attempts we have to learn the dance... We also had some sucky rng with me getting at least 1 countdown and sometimes 2 countdowns in the short amount of time we were activley working on the boss before wiping. We also have to work on raid awareness and not passing tormented to others especially the healers /shakes fist at dps!
I am still curious if anyone thinks 2 disc would be a viable option. The third in our helaing team is disc and has been going shadow (she is not comfortable with it) for this fight. I guess we can just try it and see how it goes.

After we get in some strong, solid attempts and get better at the mechanics I will probably be seeking more advice.
Thank you all again :)
Posted Nov 17, 11
76 posts
Untagged users
I dont see whats wrong with double disc - only 2 people ever taking dmg at any time. Pain suppression x2 FTW. Although you should have 1 shadow priest take a full stack (have him disperse at 19. Not 18, not 20, but 19 - If he does it at 18, disperse will wear off a second too early and get 1 shotted by the 25th tick.) Have spriest go first so you guys can build your stacks much faster and start the fight ahead of the curve.

Im a little biased towards holy pallys - try to get one of them if possible :d
Posted Nov 17, 11
13 posts
Untagged users
Well in order to get double disc, we would lose the spriest (she is MS disc) and we don't have access to a holy pally, unforunately. We have had an odd healing comp from the beginning (holy priest, disc priest, druid) but have managed thus far to do pretty good

Thanks for the input :d
Posted Nov 17, 11
17 posts
Untagged users
We got our first H Baleroc kill yesterday after 1 1/2 day tries....I know very late...but we did start raiding Fireland mid-patch :p

Heal composition was Holy Pally and me as Priest Discipline.

We used the strat where the two healed the entire first crystal taken by our shadowpriest, getting up to 80-90 stacks, the pally switched to the tank and I continued to heal the next crystal taken entirely by a feral druid, getting up to 160-170 stacks.

After that the tank heals are a laugh, bubble now absorbs 70-80% inmolation blade damage if not dodged by our bear tank. The pally would take on the 3rd, 4th and 5th crystal depending on his mana, from there we would change every other crystal.

The way I found best to regen mana was, I would pop shadowfiend and trinkets after 1st crystal. Use hymn before 6th crystal (mostly for the pally who just healed 3 crystals in a row) and drink potion of concentration before 8th crystal would appear. Shortly after your fiend should be up again (I have 2/2 Veiled shadows) and you get a chunk of mana back of course. For the three tries we had using this strat I had absolutely no mana issues.

As it was said in a previous post by Irial, this healing strategy IS very solid.

I appreciate the info, made things much easier. Got my pally to read this thread and now he is all over me why I did not tell him of Plus Heal before haha.

Thanks guys, all the info is much appreciated!
Posted Nov 18, 11
Page
of 5
Announcement of