Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 2

Haste Vs. Mastery

16 replies
23 posts
Untagged users
Hey guys I was wondering what people have been discovering with the new Firelands Gear. Or in there WOL mostly with either keeping 2005 haste breakpoint or dropping it for more mastery. I heal for a 10 man and was wondering if I should stop reforging all my gear to try and keep my 2005 WG haste breakpoint. Would I come out better just forgetting about haste till I get more gear and start going with Mastery?

My Gear:Abbster's WOW Armory

My WOL reports:World Of Logs
Posted Jul 15, 11 · OP
393 posts
Untagged users
In the logs you linked, you have a resto shaman so I presume you are getting the 5% haste buff from wrath of air totem.

Applying some napkin math to your precentage of Wild Growth + Efflorescence, cast time direct heals, and harmony up time; I compare A) 1220 haste, going from 0 mastery to 785 mastery vs B) 0 mastery, going from 1220 haste to 2005 haste
Beth'tilac: A) +4.2% B) +6.6% Rhyolith: A) +3.3% B) +6.3% Alysrazor: A) +2.8% B) +4.3% Shannox: A) +4.2% B) +5% Domo: A) +4.2% B) +5.4% Baleroc: A) +4.8% B) +2.7%

So except for Baleroc's 0 Wild Growth extravaganza, the 2005 haste breakpoint always wins out over another 785 mastery. (And having more than 0 mastery to start with will reduce the % increase.)
Posted Jul 16, 11
16 posts
Untagged users
wow, that's some serious maths :) I have been rolling with mastery as I like the idea of keeping up the buff. I am not a min/max guy, so small % changes don't concern me. Am I really going the wrong way with this? I'd like to see what other people are going with.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Xvalue/advanced
Posted Jul 19, 11
347 posts
Admins
Moderators
*Wonders off to see if there is any possible way I can get to the 2005 haste mark* :thumb:
Auracen - Druid
Twitter
Google+
Posted Jul 19, 11
347 posts
Admins
Moderators
Looks like I can, even in my shoddy gear... granted I'm going to lose some Intellect and a lot of mastery doing it, but I may play with it and see how it goes. Worst case I'm out a few hundred gold to reforging and regemming.

http://chardev.org/?profile=158286

Edit: Good thing I'm alchemy/jewelcrafting, because I don't think it'd be possible otherwise...

Edit2: Missed some reforging I could have done, so I reforged some more crit off and then put back my lavawalker enchant (it was bugging me that I didn't have a speed boost in any way), and then I was still over so I pulled a couple of the pure haste gems back to int/haste. That puts me at 2006 haste... :thumb:
Auracen - Druid
Twitter
Google+
Posted Jul 19, 11 · Last edited Jul 19, 11
14 posts
Untagged users
I was just looking at this issue myself. I'm raiding Firelands with mostly 359 gear-4pc Resto set with off-set Chestpiece off Magmaw. I chose this setup because from what I read, this is great for spirit regen and I have to say, mana is never an issue for me. With 4pc, Jar of Remedies and Tsunami deck, I have 3 spirit buffs up at all times, and I am so comfortable with my mana regen that I'm afraid changing things up will screw with what I have going on here.

I can't access armory at work, so I can't link. If you wanna look me up, I'm Macadamia on Onyxia.
My spirit is at 2400, but haste is only at 12% (like 1400 rating). Do you recommend breaking up the 4pc and going for straight up haste pieces?
Maca
@US/ONYXIA/Macadamia
Posted Jul 20, 11
347 posts
Admins
Moderators
Maca wrote:
I am so comfortable with my mana regen that I'm afraid changing things up will screw with what I have going on here.

Step out of that comfort zone! :)

I'd say if you never run out of mana, you are likely itemized for regeneration far too much... and could probably afford to reforge some spirit to haste/mastery. Also, Core of Ripeness is a better option than the Jar imo... Depending on the fight length, Intellect provides more regen point for point than spirit. With the core you get thoughput, the jar is just regen.
Auracen - Druid
Twitter
Google+
Posted Jul 20, 11
9 posts
Untagged users
I agree with Auracen!

I think you might be overvaluing Spirit vs Int and Haste. You can make some upgrades, such as your rings, that will trade Spirit for haste (Get Band of Secret Names (VP Vendor), Signet of the Fifth Circle (Cho'gall), or Ring of the Boy Emperor (Archeology). All three of those have 127 haste instead of 127 spirit).

Picking up Int focused trinkets, as Auracen suggested, would be beneficial as well. Don't forget that Int is a mana regen stat, as well as a throughput stat. The higher your Intellect, the more mileage you will get out of Replenishment AND Innervate.

Keep an eye out for gear options withOUT spirit, such as your Relic...during t11 I went with Relic of Norgannon since it has haste, and just reforged the crit into spirit. The Singed Plume of Aviana (VP vendor) is the better option now, since it has haste AND spirit already.
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin.
Posted Jul 20, 11
21 posts
Untagged users
I've found that spirit around 2000 is plenty if you have regen trinkets, at least for t11. Firelands I've been wanting a bit more regen, but have been getting by with 2100 spirit and regen trinkets. I broke my t11 4 piece though so I no longer have that buf. I expect once I get my 2nd peice of t12, that regen will be much less of an issue.

But 2005 haste is really key. I was surprised at the huge difference it made in my output and effectiveness. I'd start dropping other secondary stats for more haste for that.
Traylon
51259_99a9e9d79e33b734.png
Posted Jul 21, 11
14 posts
Untagged users
Thanks for the input all! I'll look into making those changes as you all suggest. But it's like you said Auracen, it's the comfort zone hahah. I do have to admit, I was a little confused at how much mana I had last night on our Beth'ilac kill last night. I only used Innervate once, and it was for the spriest who was AOE killing baby spiders! Maybe I did go overkill with my spirit :anxious:
Maca
@US/ONYXIA/Macadamia
Posted Jul 21, 11
Page
of 2
Announcement of