Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 4

Why do you have more then one healer?

30 replies
133 posts
Untagged users
I've always been a mmo healer and have a druid since beta and at the tail end of wrath I level a priest to see how the other healers live. Now my goal is to have one of each healer so I can be a better healer over all. All I got left is to finish my baby shammy.

How about you guys?
Healing with a Positive Carbon Footprint since 2004
WoW = Taiboku - Nall - Reicher - Pottle- Poxs
Posted Jul 14, 11 · OP
260 posts
Untagged users
I honestly started as a mage in classic. I kept hearing our priests complain about healing, so I rolled one, love it, and never looked back. I leveled a pally, druid, and shaman just so I can keep up on their mechanics, as I used to be a healing lead for a guild.
Posted Jul 15, 11
6 posts
Untagged users
I started healing on my shaman and got totally hooked on it. Since then I got a paladin & druid to 85 with my priest currently stuck at 80.
I started leveling the other healing classes so that I know how they work which is useful to me in raids. Knowing the other healing classes' strengths & weaknesses allows me to improve my own healing experience.
Posted Jul 15, 11
262 posts
Admins
Moderators
I have multiple Priests. I got locked out of a heroic BWD on my main once due to a bug. After that, I maxed out another Priest on the same realm.
Posted Jul 15, 11
7 posts
Untagged users
I started with my priesty, healing disc/holy through most of wrath.

Leveled my shaman as my first alt, with an intent to play it as enhance. Leveled as enhance, hit 80, defaulted to what I knew (healing) for shorter queue times to gear my enhance set. Have since never played the shaman as enhance, only resto and occasionally ele.

Tried again to make an alt with a different role. Leveled my paladin to 60 with RaF, tanked straight from 60 to 80, doing nothing but dungeons, hit 80 and started healing heroics until I could get def capped. Ended up healing raids on the paladin in no time, and the tank set was never used for anything besides heroics and VoA. >.<

Gave up on any fascade and leveled a resto druid to 80.

All but the druid (my least fav to heal on) are 85 now, and raid ready. Priest is still my main by far, and the alts haven't gotten as much love as last expansion, but I love healing. I love the differing tools, and the synergy with certain specs. I like the challenge, and being able to talk to other healers of any class about the role as a whole. I find knowing the ins and outs of all of them make you a better healer in general.
4570497rtgGe.png
Posted Jul 18, 11
133 posts
Untagged users
Leveling my baby shammy its so wrong at level 20 going to get a drink and checking the mail and earth shield and healing totem keep the group up . Got to love low levels
Healing with a Positive Carbon Footprint since 2004
WoW = Taiboku - Nall - Reicher - Pottle- Poxs
Posted Jul 18, 11 · OP
3 posts
Untagged users
I primarily have more priests than any sane person should have. (I think current count is 5 being actively played at some capacity.) I also have at least one of each other healing class, and I actually main-healed on my paladin during the end of Wrath. My druid is eternally in outlands and my shaman hasn't yet interested me enough to even get her that far.

I tend to play healy/support classes in my other MMOs as well, or occasionally a ranged caster. I just like the boss ignoring my glowy hands... "she's not damaging me, surely I can leave her until the end?" :)
Posted Jul 18, 11
74 posts
Untagged users
I have a paladin, resto druid, and my main holy/disc priest. I mainly wanted to see the different play styles and how they compared to my main. Lets just say I wont be switching any time soon! :)
1J6mJ.jpg
Posted Jul 19, 11
13 posts
Untagged users
tink wrote:
I primarily have more priests than any sane person should have. (I think current count is 5 being actively played at some capacity.)

Are they all 85? I have 3, and people think I'm crazy.

They're probably right. I've also got a resto druid, but I feel a little naked healing without (damage reduction) cooldowns. There's something unnatural about it. Paladin and Shaman are still 80(ish) though.
Posted Jul 19, 11
13 posts
Untagged users
Matticus wrote:
I have multiple Priests. I got locked out of a heroic BWD on my main once due to a bug. After that, I maxed out another Priest on the same realm.

Did it happen just that one time? That wasn't all that long ago, did you level a second from level 1?
Posted Jul 19, 11
Page
of 4
Announcement of